Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Eating animals

I need to research this as I need Sushi and while I don't see the extreme need to go vegan I feel very guilty seeing those "very young turkeys" coming toward me. I'm sad they never got to grow up and have friends and play and go on trips or anything. I'm very happy that I sell lots of cage free eggs and I hope they are happy chickens. I really really like to wear leather though....I suppose you could wear very old leather though from animals that died natural deaths after long and full and happy lives though. I don't like hunting and I know that people claim they are culling the herd but hunters take the most beautiful from the herd not the sick or the old. People also claim they are at the top of the food chain and need to take animals to feed themselves but why do we decided that we are at the top of the food chain? If you look around us I get the distinct feeling we are so not at the top of the food chain in fact a lot of us humans are a pretty disgusting lot of us....

Just some more animal compassion stuff

While we can’t completely eliminate the suffering we cause, by taking simple steps we can substantially reduce the suffering we are responsible for and even abolish various forms of institutionalized animal abuse. By becoming vegan, in particular, we can dramatically minimize the amount of suffering we cause each day. Being vegan is not about being “pure.” Rather, it is about doing what we can—within reason—to remove our support for animal abuse.



Q. Didn’t God give humans dominion over other animals?
A. It’s hard to imagine the divinity of any religion condoning the misery we cause animals. We deny the animals we raise for food everything that is natural to them. Most have little freedom of movement and are confined in spaces so small they can’t even turn around, let alone access sunlight and fresh air, or socialize normally. They are tormented in ways that would horrify any humane person, and almost always for purposes that are unnecessary. Most religious and spiritual people agree animal cruelty is immoral. If we agree that God is against animal cruelty, then we should end our support of industries that mistreat animals for profit.

No comments:

Post a Comment